See also: Save time for an overview of how templates simplify document creation
This is our very simplest template. We call it simple because it contains no boiler plate text. Just an empty document that starts with the Title style. It does contain a full set of properly structured styles including:
- Title and Sub-title
- Heading 1 through 9, including versions that won’t appear in the table of contents
- Body text and body first styles for layouts that call for paragraphs that do not have their first line following headings indented.
- Picture and Caption
- Table body and header
- Equation and wide equation
- Continuation styles for paragraphs following equations
- Indented body text styles
- Three levels of numbered and bulleted lists
The template is setup for double sided printing with properly formatted headers and footers. Headers reference the document title while footers show the page number aligned with the outside margin.
We use this template for one-off documents that don’t need their own template. It could be a replacement for Words standard template (Normal.dot), but giving it a separate name keeps things cleaner.
The Simple Document template is included in our TechWriter Templates pack, along with:
- a custom Ribbon Tab which collects together Word tools and macros commonly used by technical writers
- a Technical Report template, a straight forward template for great looking technical reports.
- a set of productivity boosting shortcuts that make Word a pleasure to use.
- Technical Report template/2003 for our free report template for Microsoft Word 2003 and later.
- Save time for an overview of how templates simplify document creation
Buy now and immediately benefit from our templates.
30 day money back guarantee